how can i use in vista?

Sep 13, 2011 at 6:06 PM

help me how can i use snipping tool in vista ?

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2011 at 3:55 AM
hello and thank you for your interest in our product.
I believe that you just need to install it like normal. I have never tried the software in vista but you should see a black camera in the bottom right corner after you finished the install.
Let me know how it goes.
Thanks,
Jay

On 09/13/2011 11:06 AM, chintan9 wrote:

help me how can i use snipping tool in vista ?

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:17 AM

hi 

it is not installed in windows 7

i am getting "unable to install and contact vendor" on the screen.

it is showing some details like....

PLATFORM VERSION INFO Windows : 6.1.7600.0 (Win32NT) Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.1 System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100) clr.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100) dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
SOURCES Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/arya/Downloads/cr/XPSnippingTool.application
ERROR SUMMARY Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log. * Activation of C:\Users\arya\Downloads\cr\XPSnippingTool.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected: + Access to the path 'C:\Users\arya\AppData\Local\Deployment' is denied.
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY No transaction error was detected.
WARNINGS There were no warnings during this operation.
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS * [12/6/2011 10:46:43 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\arya\Downloads\cr\XPSnippingTool.application has started.
ERROR DETAILS Following errors were detected during this operation. * [12/6/2011 10:46:43 AM] System.UnauthorizedAccessException - Access to the path 'C:\Users\arya\AppData\Local\Deployment' is denied. - Source: mscorlib - Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj) at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore..ctor(String deployPath, String tempPath, ComponentStoreType storeType) at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.get_CurrentUser() at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl) at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS No transaction information is available.

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:50 AM
jyothesh wrote:

hi 

it is not installed in windows 7

i am getting "unable to install and contact vendor" on the screen.

it is showing some details like....

PLATFORM VERSION INFO Windows  : 6.1.7600.0 (Win32NT) Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.1 System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100) clr.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100) dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
SOURCES Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/arya/Downloads/cr/XPSnippingTool.application
ERROR SUMMARY Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log. * Activation of C:\Users\arya\Downloads\cr\XPSnippingTool.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected: + Access to the path 'C:\Users\arya\AppData\Local\Deployment' is denied.
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY No transaction error was detected.
WARNINGS There were no warnings during this operation.
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS * [12/6/2011 10:46:43 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\arya\Downloads\cr\XPSnippingTool.application has started.
ERROR DETAILS Following errors were detected during this operation. * [12/6/2011 10:46:43 AM] System.UnauthorizedAccessException - Access to the path 'C:\Users\arya\AppData\Local\Deployment' is denied. - Source: mscorlib - Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj) at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore..ctor(String deployPath, String tempPath, ComponentStoreType storeType) at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.get_CurrentUser() at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl) at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS No transaction information is available.

It appears you don't have admin access, try running the setup with the run as administrator option.

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Um....why would you be trying to install it on Win 7?  Win 7 has its own built in snipping tool.

Jan 12, 2012 at 2:04 AM
tridom wrote:

Um....why would you be trying to install it on Win 7?  Win 7 has its own built in snipping tool.

It lets you use the print screen button to print directly to your default printer.  On multi-screens it lets you choose which screen etc.  ie. it has more options than the standard windows 7 snipping tool.